Nowadays Blog is not only your thought or Knowledge, but a lot of People are also Earning thousand of Dollars $$$ each month form their blogs. Let’s Start:
Part 1- Installation of WordPress
Step-1: Login to your cPanel account and search for Softaculous and Click on Softaculous Apps Installer under Software.
Step-2: cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel and on the left side of your screen click on the “WordPress” link Under “Blogs” category and Select Custom Install to start the installation.
Step-3: Once you click on Custom Install you will be asked below details.
Under Software setup-
- Choose Version: We recommend to choose the latest version.
- Choose Protocol: Use https://www if your site has SSL and you want to run site with SSL.
- Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, keep the default one.
- In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, for example, example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
Under the “Site Settings” field:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as “My Dream Website“.
- Site Description: Give some site Description or Tag Line here.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Leave this as it is.
- Under the “Admin Account” field:
- Admin Username: Your new WordPress username (Do not use the “admin” or easy to guess username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password and keep it remember.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address to receive notifications or alert.
- Choose Language: You may choose the language of your WordPress site. The default language is English.
- Advanced Options: Leave this Option default, unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Setup frequent backups may consume a lot of disk space.
- Select Theme: You may select any available theme. If you do not select any theme WordPress will use its default theme.
Now Click on the Install button to complete the installation.
Step-4: Installation process takes 2-4 minutes and you will see below screen after successful completion.
The installation has been completed. Now we will log in to WordPress administrative URL to customize your WordPress website.
Part 2- Customize WordPress Website
Step-1: For the demo, we are using our demo domain for WordPress customization in this part 2. below is the default website after WordPress installation.
Step-2: To login to admin portal we are using default admin portal https://www.host2boost.com/wp-admin
Step-3: Change or Install a new Theme. Go to Appearance Tab and Click on Themes and Select any theme and Click on Activate to make it active.
Step-4: If you want to install more themes, You may Click on Add New and search which you like.
Step-5: If you are now finding suitable them and you want to upload a purchased them click Upload Theme to upload.
Upload Theme -> Choose File -> Install Now. It may take some time to install depending on theme size and internet speed.
Note:- If you are facing any issue in theme installation, Go to cPanel->File Manager->public_html (website main folder)->wp-content->Themes. Upload your theme in “themes” folder and Extract in the Same folder and delete the zip file. Once you extract the theme you can see it in the themes tab under Appearance and Click on Activate to activate the same.
So Now you have successfully Installed and activated your theme.
Step-7: In this step, we will update the General settings of Blog website.
Step-8: In this step, we will update the Permalink settings of Blog website. We recommend to use Post Name and Click Save.
Step-9: Before we move to Post writing step please install two plugins Classic Editor, TinyMCE Advanced & Shortcodes Ultimate to write an effective blog.
Click on Plugins -> Select Add New (to add new plugins) search name given above and install & Activate.
Step-10: Now we are going to start a new blog post, Go to Posts and Click on Add New to add a new blog post.
Step-11: you will see below window once click on Add New, First give a title to post, Set Permalink, and Start writing your blog, Give first Heading and then write content using below given the amazing tool to customize and give a good & effective look to the post. These tools came from the plugins. In last please click publish and don’t forget to give a Feature Image in the post from the lower right side corner.
Step-11: Once we publish a blog and open our website we can see our beautiful blog has been published successfully. you may see my blog in below snapshot.
Thanks for visiting our website. All the Best for your New Website!